SEO (search engine optimization) is the most important channel of marketing for small businesses. You should invest in it now. Why is SEO so important? These SEO statistics will speak for themselves:
- 93% of online experiences start with search engines like Google or Bing
- Search is the number one driver of traffic to content websites, surpassing social media by over 300%
- 70% to 80% of search users don’t pay attention to paid search advertising, and instead click on organic results
- 30% of clicks on organic search results in Google lead to the top three results
- 72% of people who did a local search found a store within five miles
These stats show that search engines are used frequently by people to make decisions about buying or selling businesses. It’s important for your business to be on the first page of Google, or at least the first three organic results.
How can you rank your small business in search results? Many small business owners spend a lot of money on expensive SEO agencies and consultants, but they don’t see results. It can be difficult to compete with big-budget companies for the top three spots. There is still hope for the small guys!